|10/18/2020||Hazy IPA with Whole Cone||American IPA||6.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/12/2020||Janets Brown Ale||American Barleywine||7.8 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|7/3/2020||Leftover IPA||American IPA||6.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|5/17/2020||Belgian Saison||Saison||7.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|12/15/2019||Hazy IPA v2||American IPA||6.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|11/2/2019||Oatmeal Stout||Oatmeal Stout||5.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/28/2019||Hazy IPA||American IPA||6.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|8/3/2019||Belgian Pale Ale Mod||Saison||5.9 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|5/18/2019||Arrogant Ale||American IPA||7.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|11/18/2018||Christmas Ale - 2.5 Gallons||American Brown Ale||5.7 %||2.5 Gallon(s)|
|11/10/2018||Irish Stout - 2.5 Gallon||Oatmeal Stout||7.0 %||2.5 Gallon(s)|
|11/4/2018||Belgian Tripel||Belgian Tripel||8.0 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|10/27/2018||Hop Box Double IPA||American IPA||7.2 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|8/4/2018||Admiral Amber||American Amber Ale||5.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|3/25/2018||Drake’s IPA Clone||American IPA||7.2 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|2/18/2018||Test||Strong Bitter||4.2 %||2.5 Gallon(s)|
|1/27/2018||Belgian Pale Ale||Saison||6.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|11/4/2017||Lagunitas Clone||American IPA||6.5 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/29/2017||Kbat Racer 5 clone||American IPA||6.8 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/9/2017||Northumberland Brown Ale||British Brown Ale||4.8 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|7/1/2017||Royal Navy IPA||English IPA||5.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|4/1/2017||Better Bitters or Bitter Bitters||Strong Bitter||4.9 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|1/21/2017||My Amber||American Amber Ale||5.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|10/22/2016||Irish Stout||Tropical Stout||6.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
Mashed at 152F. Trying two packages of yeast to see if that gets me better FG. Completely forgot about the Irish Moss. OG lower than predicted, but right near what I had making similar recipe in March 2018.1 week gravity is 1.017, so that’s pretty close to what the recipe drop in gravity predicted, and is better than what I got in March 1.022. I guess the second batch of yeast was good. Also had really nice constant 68F fermenting temperature the whole first week.
Did a better job of hitting OG than the last time I did this. I must have not measured pre-boil gravity accurately, since the boil off wouldn’t have gotten me to my measured OG. 30 pounds of ice pretty much does the trick. Really warm brew day.One week in and I’m at 1.014. That’s where I ended up.
175 in kettle got me 168 in the mash tun. Generally I can expect a 5F temperature drop in transfer.1.040 pre-boil gravity was also pre-corn Sugar.Dang - this thing didn’t save my OG. Guessing based on pre-boil and sugar addition.One week in gravity is 1.016
Could have boiled a little more aggressively to get the final volume down.Sparge took a lot longer than anticipated- I started with very low flow rates, and was working on other projects at the same time.Gravity in one week down to 1.017. Settled at 1.015 after secondary.
Sunny day. Used a large bag and a small bag of ice for the heat exchanger, and got the wort right down to 70F nicely. Gravity in spare ranged from 1.07 all the way down to 1.The 9.5 lb Grain bill fit nicely in the 5 gallon tun. Disappointed in the final gravity. Didn't get any additional drop in the secondary.