|6/20/2019||Tropic King Imperial Saison Clone||Saison||7.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/3/2018||Pataskala Red IPA Clone||Unknown Style||6.3 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|8/4/2018||Citrus Summer Saison||Saison||7.3 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|10/11/2017||Seven Seas DIPA||Double IPA||8.4 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|7/7/2017||North End Citra-Hef||American Wheat Beer||5.7 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|4/28/2017||North End Belgian Tripel||Belgian Tripel||7.5 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|9/30/2016||Blind Pig Clone||American IPA||6.2 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|8/23/2016||Honey Ginger Saison||Saison||6.8 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|6/23/2016||North End Lemongrass Dunkelweizen||Dunkles Weissbier||5.2 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|5/14/2016||North End Rye-PA V2||Specialty IPA - Rye IPA||6.8 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|12/29/2015||Fords Mirror Pond Clone||American Pale Ale||5.3 %||5.25 Gallon(s)|
|11/14/2015||Fords Honey Porter||American Porter||5.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
Kinda grey day in Sept....watched hawks beat the Steelers which is always good. Think Mash conversion was a little off...too much water - thin mash density. Was really low preboil, added sugar and was still low by .005 from what I expected. Still experimenting with the Foundry but at least we verified the .5 gallon / hr evaporation rate. DID a No sparge mash and that might have been part of it too.
Second batch thru the Foundry, using the Sparge method started with 6.3 gallons and will sparge with 1 gallon for a per oil level of 7.3 Gallons9/10 - transferred to secondary and added dry hops - lots of spicy taste
Added 1 1/2 tsp of gypsum Calcium Choride Doughed in and the temp didn’t drop as much as I expected Realized i am supposed to reset temp to mash temp prior to adding grainInitial Preboil Gravity was a little low so I added a pound of Cane sugar to get to 1.065Anvil heated to 205 and sat there...never got to a full boil. Transferred to old brew kettle and put it on the burner to get the boil going after sitting watching it for like 1:45.Lost almost half a gallon to evaporation so reduced the ...
First Saison of the summer. Had several weird situations with this beer - never noted any real activity in teh airlock and had unusual results when I checked gravities. LEft it in teh fermenter fro several weeks before transferring to secondary and dry hopping. LEft it in Secondary for a week and kegged. KInda funky, kinda hoppy - its drinkable, but kinda strange.
Hot afternoon in July first brew of teh summer...totally slacking. Hungover as hell from Sheryl Crow show last night at the Chateu Ste Michelle - too much wine - so I hope I remember how to do this. Adding DME to make up for expected poor efficiency. Forgot to throw in a Whirlfloc tablet...oh well.Transferred to secondary on 7/29 - dryhopped. Still had a bunch of suspended yeast that I hop settles out in secondary. Also hope that maybe e will get a secondary fermentation to to get the final ...
Sunday bye week brewing - little late for Oktoberfest but that's alright. First experiment with the Hop Spider...It melted a bit but still worked pretty good. Very little hop or Lemongrass was in the strainer.
SUmme4r Brewing of the Honey Ginger Saison. Ran short of propane so decided to do a batch sparge...took teh first runnings and then dumped in the entire sparge volume and let it sit when I went to the Store for Propane. Even with stirring and the addition of a lb of Light DME I still just barely hit my target gravity...hmm
Mellow brew day on Fathers Day 2017. No major issues, had to buy an 8 oz package of Citra Hops so I decided to add an additional ounce at Flameout / Whirlpool to bump up the Citra aroma. Used two packages of the PACMAN yeast.6/25 - moved beer into secondary and dryhopped with 1 oz Citra Hops
Two smack packs of yeast. Flawless brew day cool temps (59 or so). Will name this one something related to Pearl Jam to honor their induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame last night. Despite the added DME, we missed target gravity by .008...didn't check the mash temp prior to sparge so I don't know what I can do about that. After calibrating the refractomer, I saw the same gravities on both the refractometer and the hydrometer so that is super cool.
Be careful with yeast smack packs...right after I mashed in, I smacked the yeast package to to release the inner package and managed to spray yeast and activator all up my arm. Thanks to Homebrew Heaven as I wasn't ready with anything to salvage the yeast, and had to buy another package. Ended up mashing for like 75 minutes because by the time I got back from getting new yeast it took time to heat the Sparge water. No worries...took time to crack inspiration beer (Firestone Opal) while it ...
Cloudy rainy day...perfect for Brewing in the Garage Brewery.Initial Gravity was a little low...assuming that is due to a cooler mash temp then targeted...was aiming for 153, and actually only got about 149. Next time I'll start a little hotter.5/22 - racked to secondary, dryhopped with 1 oz Citra hop pellets. Ending Gravity was 1.006 so we'll only get about 6.7?V...oh well.
New Years Eve Brew session. Cold temps outside and a cold mash tun caused me to miss my Mash Temp. Added another gallon of 165 water to get it where I wanted it. Reduced Sparge volume to 4 gallons to compensate, but missed my starting gravity by a ew points as a result. Pitched Yeast at 79 degrees, but it will continue to chill down to around 72. Will move to secondary around Jan 10th.
New mash-tun worked great, still need a better sparging setup. Did a mixture of Batch and Fly sparging, but we need to slow down the fly sparging section. Also used whole cone hops but used mesh bags to limit the trub loss...this worked great, barely had anything in the strainer.Starting Gravity was 1.054Primary Fermentation was 2 weeksRacked to Secondary 0n 11/29 - Gravity was 1.014Dark Brown Color, chocolate taste, nice Honey nose...definitely has the smell of the Buckwheat Honey