|1/25/2021||Traditional Bock||Dunkles Bock||7.6 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|1/13/2021||Brandons Big Bock||Helles Bock||6.0 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|7/23/2020||Grape Fruit Pilsner||German Pils||5.4 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|6/22/2020||West Coast Pale Ale||American Pale Ale||5.1 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|6/2/2020||Grapefruit NEIPA||Unknown Style||7.4 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|5/29/2020||Lazy Hazy||Unknown Style||4.9 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|5/3/2020||Kiley Dales Blonde Ale V4||Blonde Ale||5.6 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|4/26/2020||Wuhan Wobble v2||Double IPA||8.0 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|4/22/2020||Wuhan Wobble v1||Double IPA||7.8 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|4/15/2020||Kiley Dales Blonde Ale V3||Blonde Ale||5.7 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
Volume into fermenter was low so added some water to bring to 5.5 gallons. Did not use hop bag for buttering hops but did use a bag for the whirlpool hops. Whirlpooled for 5 minutes with a 10 minute hop stand at 165 degrees. Dry hopped Wednesday August 5thTransferred to secondary on Sunday August 9thI think SG read 1.013Kegged on August 11th. Sg was 1.011-12
Used 1.2 oz of grapefruit zest and a whole grapefruit worth of juice 5 minutes left of boil. Whirlpooled final hops for 15 minutes at 135 degrees. Let it cool too much for the hops so hopefully there is enough hop flavor. OG was 1.052Fermentation started in full force over night. Wort was at 60 degrees the morning after brewing. Wort was cooled down to 50 degrees by COB. It’s being held between 50-54 degrees. Evening of August 6th: SG read 1.016Morning of August 7th: increased fermentation temp ...
6/2/2020 - 2 days in, dry hops were added. 2 oz el dorado. Gravity read 1.023. Final gravity read 1.015. Did not record the date that we kegged but it was very early - As soon as fermentation was over. This was the first beer we started with distilled water and added our own mineral profile.
Created a yeast starter. Overshot volume into fermenter. Ended up 5.83 gallons. Fermenter blew top and airlock off during 2nd night of fermentation. Yeast went everywhere. Didn’t lose too much volume though. Cleaned it up and put airlock back on. Transferred beer into secondary on May 18th. Gravity read 1.005.
Decided not to use dextrose. Total water into boiler came in high. We were above 8 gallons. I estimated 8.25 gallons. I calculated that we needed to boil roughly 20 minutes longer to lose the added water. After 80 minutes of boiling, water level was still high so boiled for another 10 minutes. Ended up a little low on volume into fermenter though. I think I left too much behind in the kettle. OG came in .001 high so almost right on the money there. Haven’t figured out why the SG after mash was ...
Brewed an extra ~30 minutes to make sure I reached final wort volume. My water volumes lines on keggle were off so my final volume in fermenter was a little under 5 gallons. I added more water to make 5.5 gallons. I did not have ph strips during this boil but I think my PH levels were too high, causing my mash efficiency to be lower than expected. I think next time I will also mash for 90 minutes instead of 60. Since brewing this beer, brew house efficiency has increased over 10 points.