|10/11/2019||Hoppy Belgian Golden Ale Batch 1||Belgian Golden Strong Ale||7.9 %||5.5 Gallon(s)|
|10/9/2019||Pumpkin Ale Batch 1||Fruit and Spice Beer||7.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|10/5/2019||Cascade Pale Smash||American Pale Ale||6.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|9/9/2019||HBC 342 Pale Smash||American Pale Ale||6.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|6/7/2019||Saison Test||Saison||7.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|5/20/2019||NEIPA Batch #3||American IPA||7.0 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|5/15/2019||IPA Batch #3||American IPA||7.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|5/10/2019||Elderberry Weizen Batch 2||Weissbier||5.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|4/15/2019||Clawhammer Supply NEIPA||American IPA||6.9 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|3/15/2019||Leftovers Saison||Saison||7.0 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|3/10/2019||Hi Nelson Saison from HomeBrewTalk||Saison||8.2 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|3/6/2019||Nail Golden Clone Test 1||Belgian Pale Ale||5.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|3/3/2019||Saison Batch 1||Saison||7.4 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|2/25/2019||Pale Ale Batch #2||American Pale Ale||6.9 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|2/3/2019||Oktoberfest Batch 1||Märzen||7.0 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|2/1/2019||Pilsner Batch 1||German Pils||5.7 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|2/1/2019||Elderberry Weizen Batch 1||Weissbier||6.1 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|1/26/2019||IPA Batch #2||American IPA||7.5 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|1/26/2019||NE IPA Batch #2||American IPA||8.0 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|1/23/2019||SIPA Batch 1||Lambic||7.9 %||1 Gallon(s)|
|1/11/2019||Sour Batch 1||Lambic||7.3 %||1 Gallon(s)|
|1/9/2019||Winter Warmer #1||Unknown Style||8.6 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Raspberry & Vanilla Smoothie IPA||English IPA||5.8 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Raspberry Chocolate Stout||American Stout||6.6 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Pale Ale||American Pale Ale||5.9 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||NE IPA Batch #1||American IPA||7.7 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Mango IPA||American IPA||6.6 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Hefeweizen||Weissbier||5.9 %||4 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Abbey Tripel||Belgian Tripel||9.3 %||5 Gallon(s)|
|12/8/2018||Citra IPA Batch #1||American IPA||7.5 %||5 Gallon(s)|
I missed my pre-boil gravity by a lot but I also had way more wort in the kettle than anticipated. I increased the boil to try and make gravity. I may add sugar to get the gravity I want.
I put 2 layers of reflectix on the kettle and held them in place with some bungee cables. Managed to keep the temp loss over an hour down dramatically compared to before. Unfortunately, when I sparged, I collected too much wort and had to extend the boil to compensate for it. Full volume in the fermenter though.
Used the new brew kettle today. I ran into some issues right off the back. This kettle does not hold temperature at all. My old kettle holds the temp like a champ. The kettle also requires the heat to be on max the entire boil in order to actually maintain the boil. The old kettle could be dialed down to 70% and still maintain the boil. The grains were crushed by the HBS but I crushed them again with the wheat. I got less efficiency than my old setup. Next brew, I'll use less water in the ...
Brewed on 01/05/19. It's still bubbling away in the fermenter as of the morning of 01/09/19. Will post the total time in primary before transferring into secondary. Pitching temp was 70F. Turbonado was added with 5 minutes left to try and retain flavor. Boil spice additions were added with turbonado.
Primary for 7 days. Secondary for 12 days. Taste out of the fermenter was decent. Raspberry forward with a dark chocolate body with a tart finish. I added 24 oz of frozen raspberries that I cooked, with no added liquid, to 185 degrees before cooling to room temp and adding to secondary for 5 days before bottling. Going to change the recipe a bit to reflect this specific brew day. 24 oz of raspberries went in at flameout and into primary with the wort.