February 11, 2013
- Looking for other homebrewers to connect with? We are too! To make this easier, we updated our site search feature to search for other Brewgr users as well as homebrew recipe and blog posts. Give it a try!
- Did you know that you can add tasting notes to your recipes? You sure can! Just create a brew session for your recipe and add as many tasting notes as you like. Once you do this, your recipe will automatically get rated based on your tasting notes.
February 9, 2013
- We've spent the last week focusing on the homebrew recipe calculator. Primarily, we've changed the way we present the list of fermentables. Previously, we showed a long un-categorized list of homebrew fermentables and you had to sometimes dig through to find what you were looking for. We've added categories such as Base Malts, Caramel Malts, Sugars, Roasted Malts, etc. to make things easier to find. We've also added a color representation of each fermentable in the fermentables list. We hope these changes will help making recipes a little easier.
- We also added auto sorting to the homebrew ingredient lists. As you make changes to the amounts and properties of the ingredients in your homebrew recipes, they will automatically sort, making it easier to keep track of things.
- Lastly, we added the ability to sort the brew day instructions for a recipe. Previously, if you forgot a step, there was no way to go back and insert it into the right order, leaving you only to delete some steps and re-enter them. Now, you can enter them in any order you like and just drag and drop them to their correct location.
February 1, 2013
- We've fixed several little glitches and bugs over the last week and added a few usability improvements. One of which, we want to highlight is sorting of brew day instructions when creating or editing a recipe. We heard a few complaints about having to delete and re-add brew day steps if one was forgotten while entering them. Not to worry, we've added a sorting capability to the brew day instructions. Simply drag and drop the step to the position you want it. The steps will automatically be renumbered. This allows you to go back and re-add the missing step and drag it to the appropriate position. Cheers!
January 28, 2013
- With all of the great homebrewers and homebrew recipes on Brewgr, it can be difficult to get back to that brewer or recipe that you were interested in. Today we introduce the ability to Follow other brewers. This will allow you to start following your homebrewing friends who are also on Brewgr as well as brewers you may not have met but like their recipes. Happy Brewing!
January 22, 2013
- We're almost to February, but don't worry, there's still plenty of time to make some delicious homebrew beer. In the meantime, we've added the ability to import and export recipes using the Beer XML format. Using the Beer XML feature you can import recipes from other homebrew software, and export from Brewgr for use in other brewing software as well. Cheers!
January 11, 2013
- Happy New Year! Today we launched an addition to our brew session functionality, Water infusion. You are now able to calculate the amount of mash and sparge water you will need for your all-grain batch and calcualte the proper stike temperature of your mash water. This was also added as a stand alone calculator under tools.
December 27, 2012
- Happy Holidays from Brewgr! We've been busy brewing and drinking beer for the holidays, but we mananged to squeeze in a minor enhancement. You can now enter a personal bio that will show up on your Brewgr profile. You can access this new feature under your settings.
December 4, 2012
- Today we launched the next major feature of Brewgr...Brew Sessions. Brew Sessions now allow you to specify the specific details about your brew day, fermentation stage, conditioning stage, and the ability to add tasting notes. Best of all, brew sessions are independent of Recipes, so if you brew the same recipes often, you simply need to add a new brew session to the existing recipe.
December 2, 2012
- We had some major issues with our homebrew recipe calculator not working as expected when using FireFox. Those issues have been addressed...we apologize to all the FireFox users who were affected by this.
September 10, 2012
- We realize that the ingredients of a homebrew recipe are only one part of the recipe. In order to reproduce a recipe it is important to know the process behind it. We've added a section to the homebrew recipe calculator called "Brewing Steps" which will allow you to enter any number of instructions that are important to reproducing a recipe.
August 23, 2012
- We've added the ability to add comments to Recipes. Happy commenting.
August 1, 2012
We're excited to launch the first version of Brewgr.com, an online homebrew communiy and recipe calculator for homebrewers. This first launch barely scrapes the surface of what we have planned, so stick around, give us feedback and help us grow to be the best online homebrewing recipe calculator!
Here's what you get with the launch:
- Dynamic recipe calculator for building custom homebrew recipes
- Support for both Extract and All Grain homebrewers
- Ability to change key properties of recipe ingredients including Ppg, Lovibond, AA, Attenuation, etc.
- Easily add custom ingredients that aren't yet in our homebrew ingredient database
- Use our homebrew Style Guide to find out which BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program) styles your recipes most closely match
- Quickly create new homebrew recipes from existing recipes using the Recipe Clone tool.
Have a Suggestion?
We want Brewgr to be your only brewing software and we want it to help you make better beer. If you have an idea for a killer feature, describe it below and we'll do our best to make it happen.1000 character(s) remaining Send